About Me

I am married almost 40 years, 2 daughters, 4 grandsons, 1 granddaughter and 1 great grandson and 1 great granddaughter

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

April 18, 2006

Not much done today, it was hot outside so I stayed in under the a/c. Plants are growing in the green house. I just hope I can keep them watered, a friend is supposed to come by this weekend and pick up some tomato plants. Husband thinks he can give away the egg plants and peppers. Next yearwill only germinate a few seeds instead of the whole package. This was my first time to do the seeds that way so I will know better.

Got my 30 minute workout in today, hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight. I read this article in Body + Soul magazine about cutting the hidden sugar for three weeks. Reading labels and stuff. Since I am diabetic and sorta watch my sugar anyway, I am trying their suggestion, this is day 2, I had 15 grams of sugar Monday about the same today. I had dried cranberries in my oatmeal and they are sweetened with sugar, not sure how to count them. I just said I had 15 grams today too.

I have some iris blooming, the yellow golden yellow and the blue. Looks like the white ones will open sometime this week. I have some lavender with pink, blue and gold they are so pretty.
Next will be the lilles usually after that I don't have much blooming. Don't usually have much luck with annuals. I have red salvia, zinnias, and some marigolds in the greenhouse hopefully they will be good bloomers this summer. I germinated some dalhia seeds and I think they all sprouted. I have about 40 plants, they are really growing. They say to plant in full sun, but our summers are really hot so I usually do part sun and part shade. I have been eating asaparagus out of the garden this year, it is so good. Better go to bed and try and sleep.

No comments: