About Me

I am married almost 40 years, 2 daughters, 4 grandsons, 1 granddaughter and 1 great grandson and 1 great granddaughter

Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1, 2007

Wow! Another year gone by, what have I accomplished this past year, I don't really know. The year ended with me on vacation, getting some new flooring put in. I put this off for two years, because I have lived in this house for 35 years come April. I never throw anything away, I used to fuss at my mom, now I am just as bad as she was. Darn I wish she was still here, I still miss her. We had to though, we were tripping over the seams that were coming apart, some of it had waves. I still liked the carpet color, but refused to shampoo, since it was coming apart. We put down laminate flooring in the kitchen and dining room, I love it. I just hope we don't ruin it. We are so messy. I hate housework, but I love a clean house. I am going to do better this year, I swear.
Husband and Miss Kitty are playing chase, I have already chased her around the house this morning. She me woked up hitting the mini blinds in the living room, she thought it was time for us to get up. I was trying to sleep in, not with her around. I am usually up around 6:00 during the week when I work so she is use to that schedule, just because its a holiday, her clock doesn't change. I guess she is our baby now, that our kids have grown up. Sometimes I wish my girls were still little and the grandsons were still little, but then I wouldn't have great grandchildren.
Husband and I are thinking about going to Oklahoma to play slots today, sounds like fun, not sure I want to go though. I don't have much money saved up, I was saving up for Nashville, not that I need that much money, just for my food and drinks. The room will be free, I am so excited.
Back to these accomplishments for 06, I am still working and hope to keep working atleast till pay off my flooring. We took out a personal loan to get the flooring, it will take two years to pay it off. We don't have a lot of bills, I have credit cards, I have one I let get out of control, not sure how that happened, so I am working on that. Husband does not like credit cards, his motto is if you can't pay for it you don't need it. I think he is right, but I have no self control, yes I do, I have stopped charging on that card.
Better go, we are going to Oklahoma! I hope to win some money.

No comments: