About Me

I am married almost 40 years, 2 daughters, 4 grandsons, 1 granddaughter and 1 great grandson and 1 great granddaughter

Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday

Friday, March 24, 2006. TGIF! It has been a good week. Went by pretty fast till Thursday then it slowed down. Slow at work too, thought things were picking up but no.
My plants in my little greenhouse are growing. This is my first year to have a greenhouse. We have about 90 tomato plants growing, several eggplants, jalapeno peppers and flowers. My husband says I have more flowers than I can put out. I will try to get them all out. Susie says I can give her some, so I will do that. I opened a package of dalhlia seeds, put them between wet paper towel and I think every seed sprouted. I have about 40 dalhlia plants growing. It will be interesting to see what colors I get. I also did with the fox glove, they are kind of spindley, but maybe I will get a few out of them that will live. Maybe I can keep them alive through the summer. They won't do anything till next year anyway. I may try some seeds with potting mix and see if they will be stronger.
I have asparagus coming up this year. I love that stuff, I planted 25 plants, so far, just a few have stalks coming up, but it is still early.
I think I am going to look for some tomatillo salsa. It sounds good. Karen my sister made green pepper relish, it was very good.
We have had lousy weather here this week, cold and rainey. We needed the rain, but not all at once. I am afraid when it stops, we won't get enough for the garden this summer. Thats what usually happens.
I walked four days this week, I have been a couch potato long enough. This sitting around watching tv every night has to stop. My sugar is up some, it stayed down while I was working out, lets see what happens.

No comments: